Biotech Support Centre (BSC)
- To provide R&D tools for supporting research
- To provide affordable quality technical services for supporting local research especially startups
- To enable knowledge sharing and networking among partner companies
The BSC aims to serve the life science cluster in the areas of
2. Medical devices and diagnostics
3. Chinese medicine
4. Regenerative medicine
5. Molecular tools and reagents
Today, BSC has a total floor space of about 8,700 sq. ft. BSC is a central facility, which comprises Workstation/Utility Room, Culture Room, Freeze Dryer Room, Mass Spectrometry Laboratory, Microscope Room, Genomics Laboratory, Proteomics Laboratory, Bioanalysis Laboratory, Microbiology Laboratory, and Server Room. We provide more than 75 pieces of ready-to-use life sciences instruments for shared R&D use.
In addition to the laboratory instruments, BSC also offers world-class Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS), University Advanced Laboratory Equipment Collaboration Program (an extended laboratory instrument service), and Convenience Laboratory Product Purchase Plan (CLPPP – a common laboratory consumable stock room service) to the life science community.
For details, please visit our website, http://www.hkstp.org/en-US/Services-Programmes/Technology-Support-Laboratory-Services/Services/Life-Science-Equipment-Support/Equipment-List.aspx