Report on Lab Visit X Seminar @ Croucher Institute for Environmental Sciences of Hong Kong Baptist University
Lab Test One organized a visit to Croucher Institute for Environmental Sciences (CIES) of Hong Kong Baptist University (HKBU) cum Seminar on the Importance of Environmental Assessment and Ecological Monitoring under Environmental Change on 29 April 2016 (Friday). The aim of this visit is to let local industries and public have a better understanding on biodiversity, household dust issues, the environment change in Hong Kong’s landfills and surrounding areas, as well as the state-of-art analytical facilities and technologies for environmental testing and analysis.
A group photo taken before the seminar (from left: Dr. Anna Leung, Lecturer of HKBU, Dr. Y.H. Sung, Lecturer of HKBU, Dr. K.M. Lai, Associate Professor of HKBU, Prof. Chris Wong, Professor of HKBU and Director of CIES, Ir Angel Wong, Senior Consultant of Hong Kong Productivity Council (HKPC))
Dr. Brian Chan, Consultant of HKPC, introduced the aims and recent and forthcoming activities of Lab Test One platform.
Prof. Wong introduced the history and services of CIES.
Dr. Sung introduced the biodiversity in Hong Kong and also shared his experiences on collecting samples.
Dr. Lai shared her findings in household dust analysis and explained the allergens in indoor area.
Dr. Anna Leung presented her project of Ecological Monitoring in Landfill and Surroundings and shared the ways in sample collecting in this work.
Prof. Wong introduced the laboratory facilities for cell culture.
Prof. Wong introduced other facilities in CIES and told the participants how these facilities and technologies work for environmental analysis and testing.
A group photo with participants, CIES’s representatives and organizers.
CIES is dedicated to help build a better living environment by conducting research to provide information for the sustainable use and maintenance of natural resources, waste treatment, disposal and recycling. In addition, CIES employs integrated approaches to analyze and assess the risk of chemical pollutant exposure to human and environmental health in Hong Kong, the Pearl River Delta and South East Asian Region.
For more details of CIES, please visit http://www.labtestone.org/index.php/en/joint-organizations/hong-kong-baptist-university/ciesor its official websitehttp://cies.hkbu.edu.hk/.
- ► 2017 (1)
- ► 2016 (3)
- ► 2015 (8)
- • Lab Test One One Click to access over 100 testing services
- • Report on Lab visit@The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- • Report on Tour to Jockey Club Heavy Vehicle Emissions Testing and Research Centre of Hong Kong Institute of Vocational Education cum Research Sharing Session on Environmental-Friendly Vehicles
- • Report on Laboratory Visit at "Radio-frequency Radiation Research Laboratory" and "DNA Authentication Laboratory" of the Chinese University of Hong Kong
- • One Click to Access Advanced Testing Services in Hong Kong
- • Launching Ceremony of “Lab Test One in One Click” cum Seminar on “Cutting Edge Testing Technologies to Cope with Challenges in Our Daily Life”
- • Report on the visit to the Standards and Calibration Laboratory
- • Info Talk@TecONE