Report on Tour to Jockey Club Heavy Vehicle Emissions Testing and Research Centre of Hong Kong Institute of Vocational Education cum Research Sharing Session on Environmental-Friendly Vehicles
Lab Test One organized a tour to Jockey Club Heavy Vehicle Emissions Testing and Research Centre (JCEC) of Hong Kong Institute of Vocational Education cum Research Sharing Session on Environmental-Friendly Vehicles on 23 October 2015 (Friday). The aim is to let local industries, and public have a better understanding on the vehicle emission collection, measurement and testing, as well as the environmental-friendly vehicles.
A group photo taking in theSharing Session on Environmental-Friendly Vehicles (from left: Mr. Edward Chan, Project Manager of Jockey Club Heavy Vehicle Emissions Testing and Research Centre, Mr. Daniel Siu, Consultant of the Hong Kong Automotive Parts and Accessory Systems (APAS) R&D Centre, Ir Angel Wong, Senior Consultant of Hong Kong Productivity Council, Mr. Bruce Organ, Emission Manager of Jockey Club Heavy Vehicle Emissions Testing and Research Centre, and Dr. Lawrence Poon, Principal Consultant of Hong Kong Productivity Council).
Ir Angel Wong introduced the aims and recent activities of Lab Test One platform.
Dr. Lawrence Poon shared the results and contributions of recent development project of intelligent eBus to local industries.
Mr. Siu shared the result of EV Quick Charging Technology in APAS.
Mr. Edward Chan introduced the objectives, services and facilities of the JCEC. He also gave a talk on vehicle emission testing procedure and requirements.
Mr. Bruce Organ presented the latest emission standards and regulation such as European, US FTP/EPA and Japanese (JC) Standards.
Edward demonstrated the equipment and testing method of Heavy Vehicle Safety Test available in VTC.
MUSTANG Transient Chassis Dynamometer is used for simulating road load curve and testing cycle simulation with driver aid.
The basic principle and application of Heavy duty (petrol/diesel) engine test platform and AVL fuel consumption measuring system were introduced by Edward. This system can measure the engine performance (up to 415kW) and fuel consumption.
A group photo with participants, center representatives and organizers.
JCECaims to support the testing and measurement of vehicle using fuel saving technology and low carbon technologies. It makes great contribution to cleaner air by eco-friendly technologies. For more details of JCEC, please visit http://www.labtestone.org/index.php/en/joint-organizations/hong-kong-institute-of-vocational-education/jockey-club-heavy-vehicle-emissions-testing-and-research-centre-jcec or its official website http://www.vtc.edu.hk/ive/ty/JCEC/.
APAS undertakes R&D projects as well as commercializing R&D results in collaboration with industry, R&D projects included a Single-deck Pure Electric Bus (eBus) and 50kW DC Quick Charging Station for Electric Vehicle. For more details of APAS, please visit
- ► 2017 (3)
- ► 2016 (3)
- ► 2015 (8)
- • Lab Test One One Click to access over 100 testing services
- • Report on Lab visit@The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- • Report on Tour to Jockey Club Heavy Vehicle Emissions Testing and Research Centre of Hong Kong Institute of Vocational Education cum Research Sharing Session on Environmental-Friendly Vehicles
- • Report on Laboratory Visit at "Radio-frequency Radiation Research Laboratory" and "DNA Authentication Laboratory" of the Chinese University of Hong Kong
- • One Click to Access Advanced Testing Services in Hong Kong
- • Launching Ceremony of “Lab Test One in One Click” cum Seminar on “Cutting Edge Testing Technologies to Cope with Challenges in Our Daily Life”
- • Report on the visit to the Standards and Calibration Laboratory
- • Info Talk@TecONE