Report on the visit to the Standards and Calibration Laboratory
The visit to Standards and Calibration Laboratory (SCL) was arranged on 13 February 2015. The purpose of this visit is to introduce the available top calibration service in Hong Kong, which competence level achieved up to national status, to participants so as to enhance their understanding on the principles and practices of calibration.
In the beginning, Ir Angel Wong, Senior Consultant of HKPC, presented a certification of appreciation to Ir Dennis W.K. Lee, Head of SCL.
Ir Dennis W.K. Lee introduced the background and the role of SCL to the participants.
Ms Brenda Lam, Engineer of SCL's Optics and Acoustic Laboratory, introduced the photometric calibration equipment for luminaries.
Mr Raymond Leung, Engineer of SCL's Mass & Related Laboratory, mentioned about the crucial practice of handling calibration of the weights.
SCL has set up a wind tunnel and a laser doppler anemometer to perform air velocity calibration.
Mr Henry Chiu, Senior Engineer of SCL, introduced the measurement method of linear dimensions to the participants.
SCL provides calibration services for angle measurement.
Dr Michael W.K. Chow, Senior Engineer of SCL, introduced the calibration services provided by the Temperature & Humidity Laboratory.
The laboratory staff demonstrated the processes of temperature measurement carefully.
Ms Brenda Lam introduced the calibration standards in SCL's Low Frequency and Direct Current Laboratory.
Mr Samuel Ko, Engineer of SCL's Radio Frequency Laboratory, introduced the calibration standards of radio frequency measurements.
SCL offers calibration services for frequency standards and frequency counters with specified accurary of better than 1ppm. The frequency range covers 1Hz to 26.5GHz.
- ► 2019 (1)
- ► 2017 (2)
- ► 2016 (3)
- ► 2015 (8)
- • Lab Test One One Click to access over 100 testing services
- • Report on Lab visit@The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- • Report on Tour to Jockey Club Heavy Vehicle Emissions Testing and Research Centre of Hong Kong Institute of Vocational Education cum Research Sharing Session on Environmental-Friendly Vehicles
- • Report on Laboratory Visit at "Radio-frequency Radiation Research Laboratory" and "DNA Authentication Laboratory" of the Chinese University of Hong Kong
- • One Click to Access Advanced Testing Services in Hong Kong
- • Launching Ceremony of “Lab Test One in One Click” cum Seminar on “Cutting Edge Testing Technologies to Cope with Challenges in Our Daily Life”
- • Report on the visit to the Standards and Calibration Laboratory
- • Info Talk@TecONE